Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Sunday!!! (Luke 24)

Otherwise known as Resurrection Sunday...

If I focus on it long enough, I get really excited about celebrating this day of most important significance with you! I say 'if I focus', because most of the time
I feel so distracted I can't focus on anything but what is right in front of me. I think our spiritual lives would greatly benefit from practicing some regular quiet times of focus on Him.

This Sunday morning we are continuing in Luke 24. I encourage everyone to please read it a few times and meditate on its meaning and let the Word impact you. What is the significance of the events described in the chapter? What main points is Luke trying to get across by framing his resurrection account how he does? At the very least, please consider the following two questions:

1. In between chapter 23 which we covered last week (the crucifixion), and chapter 24 this week (the resurrection), there is a period of about 36 hours. In this time what feelings and thoughts do you think the disciples and women were going through?

2. In what ways do we "look for the living among the dead"?

And for extra credit:

3. Compare the different gospel accounts of the resurrection and see if you can determine the sequence of the events of the first encounters the disciples and women have with Jesus and the angels. (Matt. 28, Mark 16, Luke 24 and John 20) It is probably more challenging than you think!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We will be out of town so we will miss all of you. Happy Easter-he is risen, he is risen indeed!!!

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

ill start reading! tiff