Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Resurrection Sunday

This Sunday is Easter, folks! So get ready to put on the Sunday best, park a few blocks away (if you're late) and get the easter eggs ready for the kiddos!

So I am being a little bit fecicious here, but seriously, this Sunday morning I want to talk about the Resurrection and what it means to us. Please take some time between now and Sunday and meditate on the Resurrection. Use 1 Corinthians 15 as a scriptural background in addition to the gospel accounts of Jesus' resurrection...and you can use some of Caleb's recommendations below for meditating on certain passages you find particularly meaningful to you!

Here a couple of questions to ponder:

1. How important is the Resurrection to my faith?

2. Does the Resurrection have any bearing on my day to day life? How does it affect me on any given day?

I look forward to seeing everyone Sunday morning!


- casey

2 comments:

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

yay! i'm super excited. thanks for posting casey. tiff

Anonymous said...

Hi from Elizabeth
We are about to leave to see Caleb's family so we won't be with yall tomorrow but I wanted to post a couple of thoughts about Easter!
When we were in Oman we tried to make a big deal about Easter (not Christmas) being our most important holiday. We took on some of their traditions like new clothes, calling all our friends, visiting with sweets and I even had a party with a whole roasted goat (for Christmas we just had snackies). I taught English one year during the spring and I went into my Muslim bosses and told them (not asked) that I wasn't going to work on Easter (work week was Sat-Thur there) and made a huge deal about how important it is as our biggest holy day.
Last year Lydia was born close to Christmas so we didn't give neighbors or coworkers anything but then for Easter we made goodie plates and I thought it was really neat. This year (lame excuse alert) with it being early, moving and me being tired because of pregnancy I didn't do anything but I hope to make it a tradition to try and include others in celebrating Easter because the resurrection really is what our faith is ALL about.
So Happy Easter. He is Risen!