Thursday, March 13, 2008

This Sunday in Homebuilders - Prayer - lead by Caleb

Hey Guys, On Sunday 3/16 I have planned for us to discuss the topic of prayer and meditation. Specifically I want us to focus on these questions.
1) When in my busy life am I going to pray!?
2) How in my busy life am I going to pray!?
3) What in the world do you mean by scripture meditation?!
3a&b What use is and how do you meditate on scripture.

I believe there are two ways to teacher/lead. One is from a position of mastery, as when a school teachers teaches math problems to her students. Another is one from a leader in an endevour to solve a problem together. This is more like when a professor has question and directs his team of personnel to answer it, all of the team, including the professor, learn in the process. This Sunday's lesson will certainly be from the second position. I will have some of my opinions ready, and we can discuss several from the group as well.

My hope and objective is that this discussion will help us all to pray more frequently and more earnestly for our families, the souls of our friends and our class. Remember, the goal is not to "understand" any philosophy of prayer so much as to "do" more prayer. So come ready to talk some practicals!

1 comments:

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

yay! i'm excited! great post caleb:) tiff