Sunday, August 10, 2008

Recap Sunday 8-10

I feel like today went well, though I wish I had emphasized the difference between how Mr. D's and Mr. J's philosophical views contrasted with how they actually lived; The more "conservative" view sacrificed for his wife's career, and the more moderate seemed to his insistence that he get his way (like his new acquisitions... Glock, Motorcycle, flat screen...). Perhaps there is no real contradiction? Of course, you understand I orchestrated real data somewhat for discussion so I hope you do not criticize either man too much, I know you don't.

Over all I hope two points came across: 1) It was easy to pick apart my simplistic view of these two guys, but do you know your own problem areas, where you need to work? 2) We should remember this when we start to judge others who might have more obvious flaws...

1 comments:

Keith A said...

Great lesson Caleb. I've been thinking about Mr. D, and you captured my thought with this post. I think being a leader means having to sacrifice quite a bit - Jesus being the greatest example. Whether it's time, money, wants, etc., as a leader we have to put the needs our others (like our family) first. We can do this in alot of ways, and I think Mr. D is a good example.

P.S. Tiff and I will be starting our lists soon....I blame you if we're not talking next Sunday :)